Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Still Alive

Oof.

The pa'rentals have left the building. Its been a hectic nonstop month so far. The ireland sortie was fabdabulous! Ill post a pic or 2 when i get them resized. Ireland is gorgeous... Dublin is london minus the smod the dirt and the assholes... plus the guiness and big city feel ive felt lacking in my soul.

I love a country where although they still have boy racers they are mocked instead of honored. Once, a jacked up subaru bass banged passed with racing seats and a muffler fatter than my thigh... pedestrians cat called and mocked with sayings like (imaging cute irish accent) 'Im embarrassed Foor ya!' etc. It was then i fell in love with the place.

Its quiet but alive there. hard to explain and possibly incorrect as well since i only spent a week in the country. But hey i like first impressions.

Since then ive been bombing around the west country seeing relatives with my parents. And dragging Qtip along with me. Shes had a rough ride of it as she was forcibly introduced to various elderly aunts and uncles. Poor thing. HAH she did the same to me a couple Christmases ago so screw her.

Last weekend was the first weekend of nothing doing. So i gamed. WoW took a sizable portion of the weekend as some 'anonymous' people have surmised. Mind you though i have so far successfully managed to moderate my gaming on it.

More importantly ive just about finished modding all my tau! I have imbedded magnets in all the hardpoints of my crisis suits and of course sunk metal in the weapons. I have also made hammerhead/devilfish conversions allowing me to switch between the two with a click of a magnet here and there. So now i just buy hammerheads and get a devilfish free :) So at full count i have 3 hammerheads and one permanent devilfish as it was an Ebay purchase and put together by a monkey... without index fingers... or a frontal lobe.

I should be able to finish off the hardware conversions of the tanks tonight and proceed with further washes to sex them up paint-wise. I have stripped the entire tau army of its old White and yellow theme. it is now Black and Bleached bone... looks pretty good... with a touch of boltgun here and there as accents on the weapons. My challenge now is to properly highlight the suits and firewarriors without making a hashjob of it.

Work is getting busier too. The beginning of the school year is upon us and i have cute little first years wandering around in small groups with that frightened 'im late and gothic architecture scares me' look. I have a few challenges ahead of me as i have 2 new profs to learn how to pander to. THeres only one of me and 4 of them... its gonna be stressful i reckon. But at least its only 13 weeks.

Anyways i guess i should wander... i have to transer a PC across the network and see if my own PC is fixed yet.

Cheers!

p

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Paget said...

P!
Nice to hear that the trip was good! Dublin sounds very nice, in honour of you I just bought Ulysses by James Joyce.
Anyways I'm back in the shit at school too - this time with management/biz/commerce, so it's okay. It's only cuz I'm jealous of your WOW time that I complain.

3:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home