Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Back from the Beyond...

Or at least a visit to celebrate the dearly departed moving on to the beyond.

Funerals... one cant help but be cliche and start to think of ones mortality at them. Good thing I already sorted all that out huh. Otherwise youd get bored and think... ewwwww another maudlin angst/rage against the broken shell of our miserable lives blog. HAH it may be black in color but this blog aint goth.

The funeral was lovely and fitting. As i am finding myself repeating ad nauseum 'It was more of a release than a loss. A relief. It was past its due.' Quote end quote. Cold? perhaps... sometimes these things affect you deeply and others not so much. I wasnt very close to my grandfather nor was he an open man. I missed the last 2 years of his declining health so I didnt have that burden to shed at the grave. Mourning is a rather selfish (albiet necessary) thing. We weep at our own loss. I loved my grandfather but hes better off now.

Obviously i went back to canada for a week. Or perhaps not so obviously if you dont know me. It was a blitz week really. And for those of you in canada who had no idea was in town ... sorry i didnt call or visit or let anyone know, it was a VERY fast visit and it was heavily laden with family duties. I had only a few hours to share with friends.

So the back of my mind was in hyper comparison mode... Great White North Vs The Fungus Archipelago. Its a draw. I love my job here and my love/life is esconced here. I love canada and the life i could have there. Were i to have this job secure in the GWN i would move in an instant. But i dont. And i am happy where i am. The odd and evens balance and i shall remain until one unbalances the other.

theres prolly lots more i could say about the trip. other than gay lurve and cuddles to michael and jesus. it was ace to see you again. your turn this time. Theres a sushi place in plymouth apparently. COME VISIT BITCH. that was my 'SUMMONING'. Seeing as how the summoning i tried in calgary didnt work. this one will.

cheers!

p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home