Sunday, December 03, 2006

On the Scene - Revisited

Hello all!

Once again i must apologize for my horrid lack of commitment to yourselves! But ive been very busy, had a nasty cold, and starting new social life. So i beg some leeway. :P

Just finished a date with a lovely girl. Thats what the title is referring to. I was set up on a blind date ummm... last weekend i think with a good friends girlfriends friend.

The 'date' went well as far as i can recall.. it was a pub quiz couples thing. And i must say i was my most charming eloquent sassy self. I recall making a fair few jokes and failing monumentally to impress with my pub quiz knowledge. Im crap at them... it doesnt help im not british tho. :)

So at the end of the date i forgot to get her number. Her name is Kate btw. It just didnt occur to me to be honest. That and even if it did i would have been a bit chicken.

So my mate gave her my number (hehehe no onus on me!) and she proceeded to text me not long after. We went for coffee this evening... a short sweet meet n greet to see what makes her tick. Shes a lovely, tall leggy blonde primary school teacher.

-------------------------------------------------

Previously in this space there was a mean diatribe based on a false first impression. I have removed that. The impression was read by people i never thought would read it... in my stupidity... and hurt those people. People I REALLY didnt want to hurt and people who dont deserve my thoughtless literal drivel. I've already apologized but will again here. I am MASSIVELY sorry, and moreso feel a complete asswipe. I reckon my future posts for Fungus will be less personal on the OTHER people personal side of things. This place is about me,.. not about other people and to judge is to be judged. I deserve the judgements for what i wrote here and dont blame anyone for thinking badly of me. I would were i in their shoes. If they decide to forgive me or give me a second chance... well... they are better people than I. I can't expect such grace and but sincerely hope they do offer the hand of friendship. Once again i am truly sorry more than you can know.

And no im not just saying things to slimeball my way back into good graces. I never have nor will i ever. I accept responsibility for my words and actions and must take the lumps for those words and actions. I'm Sorry Kate and was remarkably wrong.

crap... ive tried to edit this so its more obvious but im on a mac here and have no idea how its handling Blogger... sorry.


-------------------------------------------------


yesterday i was sitting in starbucks... as i do... studying my japanese when an asian girl wandered in and sat down a table away. I was sneaking glances at what SHE was studying and deduced she was japanese! yay! so when i came to a bit of japanese i wasnt clear on i politely asked her if she was japanese and if she could help me... in japanese of course :) <---- smooooth

And so i met Yuko! after a half hour she had moved to my table and we were helping eachother with our respective languages! We have a date for next week at the local noodle bar :) CHACHING... shes quite cute and around 5ft tall... i stood up to go and was shocked cuz i felt SO tall! like i was wearing platform shoes. Shes also gonna introduce me to her japanese friends... hrrrr. Realisitically speaking... we have nothing in common and shes actually too short... its kinda weird. But shes lovely too and a new person in my life!!

And last week i went on a school field trip with the MEd Students to the Eden project. Some of you long time readers might remember last years trip and photos. I didnt take any photos this year cuz i didnt feel like it. I spent most of the day in the company of Sylvia. Shes Half Cypriot Greek and half Czech. Lovely girl... dark hair medium build sweet face. Shes quite nice but wont be around for long. Nevertheless i will make a good friend and hang out.

So thats the synopsis on my newfound social life. Its been a tad whirlwindy.

The professional side of my life is looking at change too. Im starting a masters program next summer in Masters of Ed TESOL. Teaching English. Im not going to get the full masters in it just the certification. The FULL masters will start next fall in Film. Both will be part time and should be loads of fun. The sweet sweet bonus is that the uni said it will finance both. YAY! So my 5 year plan (at the outside) is to get both of those done... should really only take me 2 years i reckon and the ill move off this fungal rock and find a new shore to wander upon. Most likely Japan.

There ya go... mucho news to sate the palate since ive been sooooo very delinquent. Hope you are all well!!!

cheers

m

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, got to say the edited version reads a little better than the original. I'm sure this lovely Kate person has a big (perhaps daft enough)heart to begin to forgive.... given time

9:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home